Sunday, October 25, 2009

Book Review



I read two books this past week. Which is an amazing feat for me since I rarely read books. For some reason I've been craving to read lately. Weird.

Anyway, this week I read "Dropped Dead Stitch" and "The Hunt For The Seventh."

Dropped Dead Stitch, well, I found it, hmm, mediocre I guess. I'm into knitting right now so I kind of had a kindered relationship with it in a way but I felt that it was in no way a very exciting book. It had potential I suppose but the author really seemed to give away the plot points very easily. Several chapters before the killer was revealed I already saw it comming. I give it an "eh" on my scale.

The Hunt For The Seventh, it's funny because I bought this book for my 9-year old daughter at the book fair this week so it is geared toward the juvinile crowd. However, I still found it much more interesting than the previous read. This book instantly drew me in. I started reading it at night and it freaked me out--I fell asleep with the TV on that night. I thought it was a pretty cool book. I'd reccomend it for a good Halloween read, but I don't think my daughter has the courage to read it yet!

This week I'm reading the "The Shack" by Wm. Paul Young. Can't wait to share my thought on it.

1 comment: