Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A.D.D. Artist


It didn't take long for me to tire of my regular work after the craft fair was over. The weather is turning chillier and I've been eyeing all the goodies on Etsy lately and found my newest obcession: Knitting.

I already know how to crochet fairly well. Learned that at my telemarketing job when I was younger. We'd sit there crocheting blankets while trying to sell some lame credit card insurance.

But crochet is not my preferred style. It seems a bit...elderly, I guess. Probably because my grandmother always had crocheted afghans around her house. But knitting, that's in a whole other sophisticated catagory.

It sucks for those on Etsy trying to sell their wares because you can go to the store and buy the same thing way cheaper. But those items don't hold the same aesthetic quality as something you know was created by someone's own hands.

But, alas, I'm cheap, crafty and have a little bit of time on my hands so I'm working on my own knitting projects. It's comming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment